Termine zur internationalen Jugendarbeit
Für Interessierte aus Deutschland,
Fon: 0228 9506-269,
Conference: Youth Work – The lessons from the crisis
Exchange your ideas and your experience with youth workers and experts from all over Europe, improving thus your own work while providing a compass for youth work in Europe in this time of crisis.
The Corona pandemic is still full on course! While the number of new infections in Europe has dropped and many countries are reducing the restrictions, uncertainty is still the only constant. What we do know, is that the consequences of the crisis are far-reaching in all areas of life and are especially affecting children and young people. At this point, only a vaguely estimate is possible. Youth work has faced a gigantic challenge in the past months. On the one hand, because the restrictions came very quickly, the situation changed drastically, sometimes even within hours. On the other hand, because the traditional channels for youth work were simply unavailable. With a society in physical isolation, only the digital tools were available: from webinars to online leisure activities, youth work had to rely on the digital world for a continuation of its activities. The flexibility and resilience from everyone in the field have been put on a hard test. On some aspects, the youth work managed remarkably, while on others, there were unexpected limits!
This conference aims to:
- Provide a platform to reflect and analyse the ways in which this crisis has affected the lives of children and young people, as well as our work.
- Discuss the new challenges that the crisis has created and the way how we can best approach them.
- Explore the new possibilities (methods, tools, etc.) that we have developed and/or improved
- Exchange best practices examples from methods and projects.
- Contribute with your own experience to an improvement of youth work in Europe.
- Provide a space for networking.
NA Austria (IZ)